Volunteer opportunity for the Ottawa Chinese Community Service Centre, who would provide professional recommendations for the chosen student in the future. A good way to build your writing and editing profile!
Position: Volunteer Writer
Do you have a passion in serving the community by contributing your talent in writing? The Ottawa Chinese Community Service Centre (OCCSC) is looking for a volunteer writer to join the team responsible for creating its 40th anniversary commemorative book.
– Contribute ideas as to how to make the commemorative book a great keepsake for people who will receive it and increase public awareness and knowledge of OCCSC’s services and developments
– Conduct interviews with immigrant clients whose story will be featured in the book
– Turn those stories into precise and entertaining articles
– Work with the team to shape the material so it can be published
– Impeccable English writing skills
– Creativity and have an ‘original voice’
– Expertise in thinking through or understanding new concepts, and conveying it through written word
– Ability to work to tight deadlines
– Ability to accept criticism and use it in a constructive way
– Proficiency with MS Office Word and email
How to apply:
Please send your resume with a sample of your written material (e.g. blog, printed material, etc.) to Lydia.firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 11, 2015.
About the Ottawa Chinese Community Service Centre:
The Ottawa Chinese Community Service Centre (OCCSC) is a non-profit, non-partisan, charitable organization committed to advancing the full social and economic integration and participation of newcomers, immigrants, in the City of Ottawa. OCCSC has started serving immigrants since 1975. In 2015, OCCSC is celebrating its 40 years of service to the community.
Check out their website here: www.occsc.org